JohnTem82387976

15 February 2010

An Inch Is Better Than A Mile (In The Right Direction)


Right... I'm very sure that most of you have noticed that whilst the favoured file upload site of the moment for L&TB is Sharebee, it does have tendencies to collapse horribly. For a free service, it's actually fantastic, but its limitations are becoming apparent. The last three uploads I tried to send to the site failed utterly without explanation, and whilst I won't bore you with the subject (it's hardly a scintillating topic of everyday conversation) I have thought that it's perhaps time to move on.

Given that, I'll be trying new ways of offering single (rather than album) downloads on here in future. Please see above for a "Box" download of the minor pre-fame Soup Dragons hit "Can't Take No More". Sample it. Download it. Preview It. Do what you will with it. Just please let me know if for any reason it doesn't work and you can't access it.

I like the idea of being able to embed mp3s on this site, purely because with novelty singles and other similar items, it's probably better to let people simply play the tracks rather than forcing them to download them to get a sense of what's on offer. Not so much a case of "try before you buy", but try before you invest time and hard drive space. If it doesn't work well, I'll stop again. In the meantime, however... let's give this a go, shall we?

2 comments:

Cocktails said...

That seems to work rather well. Unfortunately, it also probably means that I have less excuses not to listen to your offerings by Mr Floppy and Frank Sidebottom.

23 Daves said...

And you wouldn't believe what's in store. Oh, you really wouldn't believe it...

Thanks for your help in trying to locate a suitable hosting site, by the way, even if you might eventually live to regret offering me so much advice.